Wendy Harris has over 15 years of experience representing a diverse range of clients in civil litigations, arbitrations, and regulatory investigations. Her current practice has expanded to include providing small businesses with legal counseling and advising families with respect to their trusts and estates needs.
After receiving her JD, cum laude, from Cornell Law School, Wendy began her legal career clerking for Judge Kollar-Kotelly and Judge Oberdorfer, both of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. She then went on to practice with the New York offices of WilmerHale (formerly Wilmer Cutler & Pickering), and Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP, representing both Fortune 500 companies and professionals in high profile litigations and civil and criminal investigations.
Wendy also has had an active pro bono practice and has represented clients in family law and matrimonial matters, and has drafted an amicus brief for the Second Circuit on behalf of Children’s Rights, Inc. In 2008, she received the “Above and Beyond Pro Bono Achievement” award from Sanctuary for Families for her representation of a victim of domestic violence in order of protection, custody and divorce proceedings.
Wendy is a member of the New York Bar and is admitted to practice before both federal and state courts in New York. She is also an active member of the New York State Bar Association and the New York Women’s Bar Association.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, cum laude, 2000
- B.A., Columbia University, 1995
- Hon. Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Hon. Louis Oberdorfer, United States District Court of the District of Columbia, (sitting by designation on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 10th Circuits)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York