Previn Waran is an experienced civil litigator and employment lawyer. He has represented individuals and companies in a wide array of complex disputes, including employment litigation, discrimination and workplace harassment, post-separation enforcement of restrictive covenants, and government investigations and compliance involving state and federal wage and hour violations. Prior to joining Gelber + Santillo, Mr. Waran was a member of the employment law department of Proskauer Rose LLP. Mr. Waran also previously worked in-house at one of the world’s largest financial services companies, where he helped organize and conduct internal employment law and compliance trainings, undertook internal investigations with respect to violations of company policy, and oversaw numerous litigation matters.
Mr. Waran served as a law clerk to the Honorable Peter G. Sheridan, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, and the Honorable Ramon E. Reyes, Jr., United States Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Waran earned his B.A. from Columbia University, where he majored in American Studies with a concentration in Political Science. He earned his Masters of Science in Criminal Justice Policy with Honors from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Mr. Waran is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School, where he was a member of the employment law appellate team of the school’s Moot Court Honor Society, as well as the Secretary of the International Law Society, and Founder and Editor of that organization’s Human Rights Newsletter.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2009; Member of Moot Court Honor Society
- MSc., Criminal Justice Policy, The London School of Economics and Political Science, 2004; Distinction of Merit
- B.A., Columbia University, 2003
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- The Honorable Peter G. Sheridan, U.S.D.J, District of New Jersey, 2014-2015
- The Honorable Ramon E. Reyes, Jr., U.S.M.J., Eastern District of New York, 2009-2010, 2014